Manager, Content & Digital Channel Integration
OUC - The Reliable One an industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida committed to serving the community and the environment is presently recruiting for a Content & Digital Channel Integration Manager to join our Communications team within the growing Marketing & New Products division.
We are seeking a savvy, innovative, and strategic digital communications professional who can leverage content across a multitude of digital platforms including OUC’s websites, social media channels, email, and other engagement tools in collaboration with our IT team.
In this role you will role will ideate, strategize, implement, and manage content plans and distribution strategy while partnering with internal stakeholders across the organization to develop and implement the most engaging and seamless customer journey at OUC. You will oversee portions of OUC’s digital portfolio including a primary focus on websites.
Additionally, you will be responsible for reviewing analytics and translating data into actionable insights to enhance and innovate the customer and employee experience.
OUC’s mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community through the delivery of sustainable and reliable services and solutions and this starts by selecting the right people. Please click here to learn more about what we do.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital arts & design, web design & development, information technology, project management, business or related area;
- Seven (7) years of experience with web development and digital communications or related area.
- Three (3) years of formal supervisory/management experience over staff members or experience leading team efforts or project management leadership experience;
- Excellent presentation, and visual storytelling abilities and Associated Press (AP) writing.
- Project management experience with digital communication projects and campaigns Familiarity with integrated content management systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools;
- Understanding of tracking analytics for social media, digital media, video media, and news media.
OUC Total Rewards package includes to cite a few:
- Competitive compensation
- Low cost medical, dental benefits, and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period
- Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Educational and professional assistance programs;
- Paid memberships in professional Associations;
- Paid conference and training opportunities
- Free downtown parking
Click here to view our Benefits Summary.
Salary Range: $102,000 - $127,000 per year commensurate with experience
Please see below a complete Job description for this position.
The Content & Digital Channel Integration Manager amplifies and strengthens communications by consistently leveraging content across digital platforms including OUC’s websites, social media channels, email and other engagement tools. Ideate, strategize, implement, and manage content plans and distribution strategy while partnering with internal stakeholders to drive key business objectives. Finds unique and innovative ways to cultivate, sustain and engage existing and new audiences. The ideal candidate will be a data driven, technically proficient, fundamentally sound digital communicator who understands the entire mix and has proven experience in integrated digital campaign management.
- Oversee website operations, design, and content; improve usability, design and content for informational websites; manage development of front-end web features including support procedures and documentation;
- Develop and evaluate new ways to communicate with customers, staff and stakeholders via digital communications; provide leadership in documenting and improving customer journey through digital channels;
- Manage and lead staff to provide direction of day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to, employee coaching, development, and performance evaluation;
- Provide consultation and oversight to ensure messaging consistency across all communication channels and alignment with internal and external plans; develop and execute strategic and approaches to integrated digital communications; coordinate across multiple teams and channels; review and recommend content and alignment;
- Facilitate and maintain collaboration and open communication with business unit subject matter experts, designers, developers, technology teams, committees and external vendors to improve digital channels; coordinate projects with overlapping responsibilities;
- Manage and implement content distribution calendar for all internal and external digital channels including but not limited to OUCTV, social media, search (SEO), websites, landing pages, intranet, email, texting and broadcast tools;
- Execute strategic communication and project plans for various internal and external communication efforts with range of stakeholders, including crisis communication plans; consult with business units and leaders to identify communications needs and opportunities to improve/better align content;
- Lead digital communications projects and campaigns; effectively design and distribute monthly and ad hoc email campaigns;
- Implement marketing strategies through technical/digital solutions that drive lead generation and traffic to OUC websites
- Track and report on engagement including clicks, conversions, sentiment, and Return on Investment; analyze results, make recommendations, and deliver presentations as needed;
- Review analytics and translate data into actionable insights to enhance and innovate the customer and employee experience;
- Lead and participate in development of copy, graphics and videos for digital channels;
- Provide critical information through multiple channels during storms, cyber, and other incidents;
- Keep pace with digital communications standards, including researching new technology, best business practices and emerging trends.
- Set strategies and goals for business unit that directly connect to OUC's corporate strategies.
- Evaluate and align talent to current and future business needs; mitigate talent risks.
- Support and maintain an effective work team; foster a culture of respect and continuous learning.
- Develop, measure, and take action on performance metrics for teams and individuals within business unit; communicate performance expectations, support staff professional goals, and brief all related issues, initiatives, and actions, risks or concerns with Leadership;
- Manage selection and promotion procedures including reviewing applicants and interviewing potential new employees to effectively recommend candidates for open positions within business unit;
- Participate in development and administration of department operational and capital budgets, which include overseeing budget/cost functions; additional responsibilities include creating purchase orders, work orders and paying invoices;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/ Certification/ Years of Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital arts & design, web design & development, information technology, project management, business or related area
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with digital communications or related area, to include a minimum of three (3) years of formal supervisory/management experience over staff members (preferred requirement) and/or experience in leading efforts and setting direction for projects/teams
Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- Digital and corporate communications practices and principles;
- Digital channel analysis tools;
- Database management including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools;
- Information architecture;
- Associated Press (AP) writing style;
- Social media, news media, video media and digital media;
- Written and visual storytelling;
- Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices, and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws;
Familiarity with all, but not limited to, the following:
- Website design and development;
- Lead, coach, develop, and evaluate staff;
- Develop and maintain a budget;
- Prepare and deliver related presentations to senior leadership;
- Identify strategic needs and develop departmental strategic plans and goals;
- Influence others through strong communication skills;
- Bridge and facilitate collaboration between communications and technology teams;
- Understand and communicate complex systems; develop strategy and effective project plans;
- Develop content for a variety of digital channels;
- Proofread and edit copy;
- Work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and deadlines; simultaneously;
- Exhibit good judgment; and work well under pressure;
- Research and stay current with digital media and communication trends;
- Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, rates, ratios, and percentages;
- Use Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier, etc.).
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules, and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, retirement benefits including a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.