OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for a Compensation Manager to join our Employee Experience growing Team.
We are looking for a passionate, strategic compensation professional to develop, implement, and coordinate effective compensation programs designed to attract, retain, and motivate a highly-skilled, diverse workforce in alignment and support OUC’s vision of being an innovative solutions leader and a partner of choice.
In this role, you will serve as the advisor in the design, implementation, administration and review of compensation programs, including salary survey administration, annual merit pay process, job classification/reclassification and grading, and the maintenance and enhancement of pay structures and programs. You will act as an internal consultant providing leadership, counsel, and support to internal leaders and business partners on compensation practices and programs, including job evaluation, internal equity and policy interpretation.
OUC’s mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community by delivering sustainable and reliable services and solutions. Click here to learn more about what we do.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or related field from a publicly accredited college or university
- Seven (7) years of Compensation experience or more
- Five (5) years of formal supervisory/management experience or more
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Advanced consulting skills to determine and evaluate complex business needs. Extensive deliver difficult communications and educate HR partners/management on compensation and benefits policy and process
- Solid working knowledge of
- Executive Compensation
- Compensation methodologies
- Federal, State, and local employment, compensation laws
- Proven analytical, consulting and influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Remarkable partnering and Teamwork skills
OUC’s Offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our Total Rewards package includes to cite a few:
- Competitive compensation
- Low cost medical, dental benefits, and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Educational and Professional assistance programs; Paid Memberships in Professional Associations;
- Paid Conference and Training Opportunities
- Free downtown parking
Click here to view our Benefits Summary
Salary Range: $115,000 - $140,000
Please see below a complete Job Description for this role:
Provides leadership and consultation to internal stakeholders regarding competitive pay strategies designed to attract, select, and retain talent. Serves as the advisor in the design, implementation, administration and review of compensation programs, including salary survey administration, annual merit pay process, job classification/reclassification and grading, and the maintenance and enhancement of pay structures and programs. Leads job description creation and modification, position benchmarking, equity and market analysis. Counsels with leadership and develops compensation communication strategies to increase education and awareness on pay philosophy and practices. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations and alignment with OUC’s operational goals and objectives.
· Develops, manages and leads a high-performing, inclusive and results-oriented compensation team; serves as a mentor for less experienced compensation professionals and HR team members.
· Plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation policies, programs and procedures in alignment with OUC’s Compensation Philosophy and in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Assess the effectiveness and formulate communication of such programs.
· Designs and administers compensation strategies to prepare for annual planning and/or organizational structure changes to include, but not limited to, developing tools to gather benchmark data, compilation and analysis of market data, design job descriptions and wage structures, and variable and supplemental pay programs.
· Develops and/or facilitates a variety of compensation training programs designed to educate new and existing managers in the administration and interpretation of company pay and equity policies, programs, and regulatory compliance related to total rewards philosophy that attracts, rewards, and retains talented employees.
· Consults with leadership regarding organizational re-alignments from initial conception through implementation. Prepares supporting and transitional documentation, job specs, communications, etc., for employees and management. Takes proactive action to address internal customer needs and develops appropriate solutions.
Interprets and responds to inquiries and ad hoc requests from a variety of internal customers (e.g., the Board of Directors, Executives, Business Leaders, Human Resources, and employees) and external sources (e.g., regulatory agencies, courts, Florida Public Records).
Partners with Talent Acquisition to develop competitive compensation packages. Provides market analysis and salary recommendations for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
· Manages vendor relationships, leads negotiations, selection, and management of third-party vendors specialized in total rewards strategies and comprehensive market analysis. Evaluates performance of contracts to ensure maximum value and service is delivered.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization. Provides open communications responding to compensation inquiries and assisting with escalating employee issues and concerns in a timely manner.
· Ensures consistent and effective delivery of compensation information through multiple communication channels; effectively prioritizes and manages multiple priorities.
· Partners with IT and HRIS staff to ensure Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) applications meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to job content, job structure, salary ranges, etc. Advanced skills in utilizing JD Edwards and report writing application experience strongly preferred.
· Utilizes HRIS queries and other data sources to complete analyses on existing compensation plans and/or the financial and non-financial metrics that drive and/or influence pay plans. Develops automated tools and processes to effectively and efficiently manage compensation and process improvements.
· Oversees executive compensation reviews and provides recommendations on executive role assessments and pay proposals.
· Prepares and maintains job descriptions, classifications and salary scales.
· Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
· Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations, data and systems security policies etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Working knowledge of all, but not limited to the following:
o Executive Compensation
o Compensation methodologies
o Fair Labor Standards Act
o Federal, State, and local employment, compensation laws
o Software Application (HR Information Systems, Enterprise resource planning ERP software, i.e., Cornerstone, Documentum, Docusphere, EnterpriseOne)
· Familiarity with all, but not limited to the following:
o Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances and laws
· Demonstrated application of the following skills:
o Advanced understanding of compensation practices, program design and best practices;
o Proven analytical, consulting and influencing skills, with a track record of identifying issues and formulating solutions, and managing a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists
o Strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
o Strong focus on systems thinking from a business perspective, solid independent judgment, and the ability to identify, analyze and synthesize pertinent data to provide appropriate and effective compensation solutions quickly and accurately
o Succinctly summarize insights and assess business and financial impact
o Maintain a sense of urgency and execute quickly and efficiently; strong internal control; orientation – ability to design, execute and monitor controls over compensation functions
o Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
o Think strategically and influence outcomes in the best interest of the organization
o Exercise judgment and discretion in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs
o Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g. finance, legal, operations)
o Work in a team-oriented environment and provide support to the department through a strong work ethic, sense of commitment and a strong desire to succeed
o Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages
o Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel
Education/ Certification/ Years of Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or related field from a publicly accredited college or university
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or related field from a publicly accredited college or university (preferred)
· Minimum of seven (7) years of Compensation experience, to include design and implementation of total rewards strategies, analyzing and solving complex business issues
· Five (5) years of formal supervisory/management experience over staff members (preferred)
· Demonstrated track record for successfully setting and achieving goals, identifying opportunities, and driving process improvement
· Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) course work or certification preferred
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.