Sr. Compensation Consultant
The Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC), The Reliable One is presently recruiting for a Senior Compensation Consultant to be part of our growing team in the Employee Experience Division. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals who can assist with achieving our vision of being an innovative solutions leader and the partner of choice.
Why OUC? OUC is an industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida committed to serving the community and the environment. We work hard every day to act in the best interest of our community through core values grounded simply in doing the right thing. Learn more about what we do.
OUC Total Rewards package includes to cite a few:
- Competitive compensation
- Low cost medical, dental benefits, and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period
- Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Educational and Professional assistance programs; Paid Memberships in Professional Associations; Paid Conference and Training Opportunities
- Free downtown parking
*View our Benefits Summary here.
Salary Range: $82,000 - $102,000 per year commensurate with experience
The Senior Compensation Consultant provides consultation to internal stakeholders regarding competitive pay strategies designed to attract, select, and retain talent. Administers compensation activities to include employee pay determination, salary survey administration, annual merit pay process, job grading, and the maintenance and enhancement of pay structures and programs. Design and implement competitive and equitable pay practices and structures that reward employees at all levels. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations and alignment with OUC’s operational goals and objectives.
- Ensure compensation policies, programs and procedures are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations while aligning with OUC’s Total Compensation Philosophy. Assess effectiveness and formulate communication of such programs.
- Design and administer compensation strategies to prepare for annual planning or organizational structure changes to include, but not limited to develop tools to gather benchmark data, compilation and analysis of market data, design job descriptions and wage structures, and variable and supplemental pay programs.
- Develop and/or facilitate a variety of compensation training programs designed to educate new and existing managers in the administration and interpretation of company pay and equity policies, programs and regulatory compliance related to total rewards philosophy that attracts, rewards, and retains talented employees.
- Consult with leadership regarding organizational re-alignments from initial conception through implementation. Prepares supporting and transitional documentation, job specs, communications etc. for employees and management.
- Interpret and respond to inquiries and ad hoc requests from a variety of internal customers (e.g., the Board of Directors, Executives, Business Leaders, Human Resources, and employees) and external sources (e.g. regulatory agencies, courts, Florida Public Records).
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop salary recommendations for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Assist with the negotiations, selection and management of third party vendors specializing in total rewards strategies and comprehensive market analysis.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with all levels of employees and management; ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Partner with IT and HRIS staff to ensure Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) applications meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to job content, job structure, salary ranges, etc. Advanced skills in utilizing JD Edwards and report writing application experience strongly preferred.
- Utilizes HRIS queries and other data sources to complete analyses on existing compensation plans and/or the financial and non-financial metrics that drive and/or influence pay plans. Develop automated tools and processes used to effectively and efficiently manage compensation, and process improvements.
- Lead executive compensation reviews and provide recommendations on executive role assessments and pay proposals.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions, classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Act as the liaison with our compensation consultants and vendors, and provide mentoring to less experienced HR team members.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations, data and systems security policies etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/ Certification/ Years of Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or related field from a publicly accredited college or university;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or related field from a publicly accredited college or university (preferred);
- Minimum of five (5) years of Compensation experience, to include design and implementation of total rewards strategies;
- Demonstrated track record for successfully setting and achieving goals, identifying opportunities, and driving process improvement;
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) course work or certification preferred.
Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- Executive Compensation
- Compensation methodologies
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Federal, State, and local employment, compensation laws;
- Software Application (HR Information Systems, Enterprise resource planning ERP software, i.e., Cornerstone, Documentum, Docusphere, EnterpriseOne);
Familiarity with all, but not limited to, the following:
- Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances and laws;
Demonstrated application of the following skills:
- Advanced understanding of compensation practices, program design and best practices;
- Proven analytical, consulting and influencing skills, with a track record of identifying issues and formulating solutions, and managing a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization through excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Compile and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data;
- Succinctly summarize insights and assess business and financial impact;
- Maintain a sense of urgency and execute quickly and efficiently; Strong internal control; orientation – ability to design, execute and monitor controls over compensation functions;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Think strategically and influence outcomes in the best interest of the organization;
- Exercise judgment and discretion in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs;
- Work in a team-oriented environment and provide support to the department through a strong work ethic, sense of commitment and a strong desire to succeed;
- Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules, and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, retirement benefits including a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.