Director, Customer Service at OUC
NATURE OF WORK:
Provide leadership and oversight in the functions of the residential and commercial customer service groups, including working closely with the Vice President and Customer Experience Management Team, to provide exceptional and cost effective customer services. Perform forecasting and planning activities and initiates new customer solutions that align with strategic business objectives for OUC.
BASIC JOB DUTIES:
1. Provide oversight and strategic direction on the execution of daily functions of the Residential Customer Service, with an indirect line of oversight to Commercial Customer Service, and Development Services groups (two call centers); will work closely with the Vice President and management team of the Customer Service Department to continue to improve operations and provide exceptional customer service in a cost effective manner. Lead employees through Manager, Administrator, and multiple Team Supervisors at two geographically diverse locations. Provide leadership, business process analysis, effective communication, budget analysis, knowledge of customer service activity, knowledge of quality assurance, and knowledge of system supports related to customer service operations. Manage escalated customer inquiries to meet customers’ needs and OUC business requirements.
2. Prepare/review staffing plans to meet target service levels effectively and efficiently. Ensure budgetary guidelines and cost targets are met. Reallocate resources as needed to achieve results. Respond to auditing and budget review requests, as needed. Supply general and detailed justification and overviews upon request from the Vice President. Ensure that all OUC handbook guidelines and administrative policies are considered in evaluating situation; notify appropriate participating sections (i.e. HR, RISK, LEGAL) when situation requires.
3. Provide direction and input on Customer Service’s vision and service delivery to meet business challenges and anticipate customer needs to continuously improve OUC’s customer experience. Participate and project-manage business initiatives where skills, experience, and related activities can add significant value to the outcome of such projects.
4. Develop a working knowledge of all IT applications or systems used by the contact center and in the division relevant to customer experience such as the IVR/ACD, web communications, CIS/CC&B, payment centers, etc. Evaluate and recommend new technologies or improvements as needed to the current systems or applications to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency in customer service levels, leveraging system strengths and addressing operational weaknesses.
5. Responsible for leading/executing/implementing business processes reengineering and planning to accommodate new business and/or strategic changes. Measure and track operational metrics to ensure operational excellence and identify trends early-on. Identify process opportunities to address customers’ and business needs. Make recommendations and follow through with successful process improvements. Ensure actions are in line with Commission priorities and strategic plan.
6. Develop interpersonal relationships with personnel from other areas and achieve a working knowledge of their business in relation to customer service delivery, processes, and operations - i.e. City of St. Cloud, Service Dispatch, Electric and Water Engineering, Billing and Metering, Fiscal Services, all other divisions within the Customer Service Business Unit, etc.
7. Responsible for management functions within the contact center: employee selection, salary and merit management, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations. Design and implement plans for staff development to meet the needs of the organization for current and future environments. Work with managers to review/document procedures and processes, assign/coordinate within the workgroup to ensure completion of tasks; monitor performance metrics, project progress and align processes, work assignments, procedures to meet desired goals. Provides feedback to organization/employees related to all aspects of performance as individuals and as a workgroup. Responsible for communication, in various means, to the staff of relevant goals of the organization.
8. In the absence of the Vice President, may be asked to represent the Business Unit in meetings and assume signature responsibility.
9. Special assignments related to projects and team initiatives that will improve the overall customer service environment.
10. Attend or support any customer communication initiative, such as neighborhood meetings, focus groups, etc.
11. Other related duties as assigned by the Vice President.
1. Bachelor Degree in Business or a related field of study.
2. Minimum of ten (10) years of customer service experience or in a related field.
3. Five (5) years of Supervisory management experience.
4. Knowledge of utility customer service operations, related systems and support processes.
5. Knowledge and experience with data-driven continuous process improvement initiatives.
PAY GRADE: E23 - $109,520 - $177,970 annually
NORMAL WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Based on an applicants’ qualifications an individual maybe considered for a lower or higher job classification in the same job family.
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, hybrid retirement package, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.